Local Health Integrative Clinic is excited to carry on the 15-years of integrative healthcare offered in their location (formerly Catalyst Integrative Health). Our goal is to offer outstanding, inclusive and welcoming care to help create healthier, happier people in the community. We look forward to supporting you on your journey to optimal health!
As Medically Trained, Naturally Focused primary healthcare practitioners, our Naturopathic Doctors will help to address your health concerns to help you optimize your health & wellness.
In British Columbia, Naturopathic Doctors are licensed healthcare providers under the province’s Health Care Professions Act and function much like a general practitioner. However, with the wide scope of practice, ND’s always aim to “treat the whole person” and “treat the cause” of any health concerns. We hold pre-medical degrees followed by 4-years of rigorous training at 1 or 7 accredited schools in North America, are strictly regulated, and are required by law to follow a specific scope of practice.
Your first naturopathic medicine visit will consist of an in-depth intake. This is an opportunity for us to learn all about your health history, current concerns and goals. From this information, we will start to develop a comprehensive plan to work toward achieving these goals. Our goal is to always meet you where you are at and create plans that are sustainable and serving to optimize your health.
Depending in your health concerns, subsequent visits can vary from ongoing treatment, to seeing you in a month or two to touch base and refine plans. Each person’s health and health needs will be different and the plans that we create are as varied as you are! Follow-up visits are usually 30-minutes in length, but can be shorter or longer depending on treatments.
Looking for Commercial Drive Massage Therapy? You’ve come to the right place! We have 5 great registered massage therapists here for you.
Your first massage appointment:
If it is your first massage appointment at Local Health, be sure to fill out your online intake form, which will be emailed to you directly when you book your appointment. A 60-minute appointment is recommended for your initial visit to allow adequate time for assessment and treatment and education/homecare.
Your massage therapist will take a thorough history of your health and current condition and will perform a detailed examination of the area of concern and your body as a whole. This may include range of motion testing, differential special testing and joint play, or any other tools that may help the massage therapist supporting your health. Assessment techniques and duration will vary depending on your condition or injury.
Prior to your massage, you will be asked to undress to your comfort. As most treatments include the use of a lotion or oil, clients are generally treated unclothed. Our massage therapist uses a variety of modalities including swedish massage, joint mobilizations, myofascial release, manual lymph drainage, trigger point therapy, active and passive stretching, and will tailor your massage to suit your needs. If you have any questions about these techniques, don’t hesitate to ask.
In order to help maintain treatment results and eliminate perpetuating factors, your massage therapist may prescribe stretching or strengthening exercises, or may talk to you about changing your routine slightly to accommodate positive change in your body’s health. You and your massage therapist will work together to achieve optimal results.
Ancient Technique…modern day applicability…
Acupuncture is a 3,000-year-old healing technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It improves the body’s functions and promotes the natural self-healing process.
Along with acupuncture, registered acupuncturists may use ear seeds (that are placed on acupressure points in the ear) and cupping to relax muscles tension, decrease fascial adhesions and release trigger points.
Hundreds of clinical studies on the benefits of acupuncture show that it successfully treats conditions ranging from:
- musculoskeletal problems (such as back, neck, shoulder pain)
- migraine headaches
- anxiety & depression
Your first acupuncture visit consists of an in-depth intake to learn your health concerns and assess your wellness from a TCM standpoint. From this information, your acupuncturists will construct a protocol to address this concerns and create balance in your mind, body and spirit.
Each follow-up visit, will consist of a quick check in, assessment and treatment to continue to help you toward achieving your optimal health.
Explore the barriers that stand in the way of being the brightest you
Clinical Counselling is the process that occurs when a client and counselor set aside time in order to explore challenges that the client is facing. The counselor’s role is to help the client see things more clearly, reduce confusion, and make effective decisions and changes that promote wellness. The goal is always to facilitate positive change.
Counselling is built on a foundation of trust. Confidentiality and non-judgement is integral to the counseling relationship.
Reasons why it may be helpful to speak to a counselor:
- You want to speak to someone who is unbiased and confidential
- You want to understand why you tend to react or behave a certain way
- You want to gain insight into your values and motivations, in order to make fully informed decisions
- You are going through a difficult life transition and need some support or coping techniques
- You have experienced a traumatic event, and are struggling to move on
- You are feeling weighed down or stuck, unable to move forward
- You feel you are losing your ability to control your substance use or eating habits
- You want to develop more insight in order to grow as a person
Holistic Nutrition…setting the foundations to health eating
Holistic Nutrition is an integrative approach to diet that considers the individuals unique nutritional requirements and aims to balance physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well being. While taking an individualized approach, a holistic diet is always focused on whole foods and may include nutritional supplements when necessary.
A Holistic Nutritionist is a professional trained in Natural Nutrition and complementary therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals about the benefits and health impact of optimal nutrition.
Although most people are aware of the benefits of sound nutrition, the range of conflicting information available to the consumer is often confusing. Holistic Nutritionists guide their clients through the maze of information about supplements and diets on the market. They work with clients to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of disease, and they are qualified to design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health.
Below is a list of some of the tools your nutritionist will provide you with to support you in meeting your health goals:
- Specific diet recommendations highlighting the foods that will be most therapeutic for you
- Personalized meal plans and recipes that emphasize your recommended foods
- Helpful tools, tips, and resources to help you with the implementation of your dietary plan
- Nutritional Supplement recommendations
- Food allergy/sensitivity testing
- Lifestyle counseling which will address areas of exercise, sleep and stress management
Get on the path to your greatest life
What is a Life Coach?
A Life Coach is a professional who works in the present to help you reach a goal, or make a change in your life. They guide you through the process by asking questions that help you evaluate and decide which steps are the best for you to take to reach your goal, and helping you to manage the resulting personal change all along the way.
Why hire a life coach?
- Something great happened, but that change is scary.
- Something bad happened, how do I sort through these feelings and move forward.
- Nothing is happening, and you are feeling stuck.
- You want something to happen, but you don’t know how to get there or are feeling scared.
- You don’t know what is happening
Benefits of seeing a life coach:
Clarity- your goals are clearer, so your actions are more effective and focused.
Plan– once a goal is established, you work with your coach to create a plan to reach your goal.
Momentum- once you get started with coaching it is easier to get results.
Unbiased Input- often family and friends can be great support, but a coach will provide unbiased input that can help change your perspective and see things about your life differently.
Accountability- a coach will help you address those roadblocks that are stopping you from achieving your goals.
Focused- the focus is on your dreams and goals.
Energy- you have more time and energy.
The Dalian Method is a ground-breaking healing system created by Mada Eliza Dalian, a mystic and scientist of the human condition. It is a light-speed method which meets the needs and challenges of modern-day people who seek the most healing in the shortest time.
We are happy to be able to offer direct billing to many extended health benefit plans through Telus E-Health & Pacific Blue Cross. Please be sure to give our receptionists your benefits card when you first arrive to the clinic or include the numbers in your intake form so that we can process your claim quickly and easily for you!
- Initial Visit: $175
- 45-minute Follow-up: $125
- 30-minute Follow-up: $85
- 15-minute Acute Visit: $49
- Bowen Therapy: $90
- Naturopathic Acupuncture: $90
- Women’s Health Exam: $60
- IV Therapy: $85
- 30-minutes: $60
- 45-minutes: $87
- 60-minutes: $110
- 90-minutes: $155
- Initial Visit (90-minutes) – $110
- Follow-Up Visit (60-minutes) – $90
- 3 treatment package ($85/session) – $255
- 6 treatment package ($80/session) – $480
- 10 treatment package ($75/session) – $750
- Counseling Session (50 minutes) – $100
- EMDR Session (80 minutes) – $130
- Initial Visit (60 minutes)+ FREE Follow-up Visit – $160.00
- Follow-up Visit (60 minutes) – $90
- Short Follow-Up Visit (30 minutes) – $45
- $70 per session
- 3 sessions for $195 ($65 per session)
- 5 sessions for $300 ($60 per session)
- Phone Info Session (10 minutes) $0
*Please note that all life coaching packages expire after a year*
- Initial session: 2.5 hours, $350
- Regular session: 2 hours, $300
- Complimentary consultation: 30 minutes