No time for breakfast? When clients tell me they don’t eat breakfast the reasons are usually because they either just don’t have time in the morning or they don’t feel ready to eat solid foods first thing in the morning. This recipe is perfect if you’re one of those people because it requires zero prep in the morning and is easy to grab and go so you can eat it later in the morning when you feel ready for breakfast or save it for an afternoon snack.
This recipe is loaded with healthy omega 3 and omega 6 fats from the flax and chia seeds. And if you’re following a grain free or Autoimmune Protocol Diet you can simply leave out the oats and just add another spoonful of chia seeds and a spoonful of nut butter.
It will seem very liquidy at first but the chia seeds will actually thicken it up over night and create more of a pudding consistency.
These will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days so you can have your breakfast done for the first half of your week in a matter of minutes on Sunday night!
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 wide mouth mason jars
- 2 cups water
- Put ½ of each ingredient into each mason jar
- Stir with a spoon to combine all ingredients
- Place in the fridge overnight for an easy breakfast or snack on the go throughout the week
- Add fresh berries, sliced banana, or coconut flakes if desired
Hope you enjoy!
From our Holistic Nutritionist Lindsey.