Natural Treatment for Brain Fog
What is Brain Fog?
We have all experienced moments of brain fog, whether it’s trouble recalling a word, difficulties concentrating or just feeling like everything seems difficult or tiring. Experiencing few fleeting moments of these symptoms is a normal part of everyday life, but when it starts to occur more frequently, it may be a sign of brain inflammation.
The brain’s immune system is different from the rest of the body. It has its own separate immune cells called glial cells which have a much more subtle response during inflammation. The brain does not became painful, red, warm and swollen like the typical signs you see in the rest of your body, instead you may experience fatigue, forgetfulness, difficulties concentrating, anxiety, depression and apathy.
Common Causes of Brain Fog
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Food intolerances or sensitivities
- Inflammation or infection in the gut
- Head traumas
- Chronic stress
- Lack of sleep
- Poor diet
- Nutrient deficiencies such as fatty acids, iron and Vitamin B12
Natural Treatments for Brain Fog
The best natural treatments for brain fog is to uncover and treat the cause of it. This involves working with your Naturopathic Doctor in the following areas:
- Test for any food sensitivities that may be causing inflammation and reduce and alleviate gut inflammation and infections.
- Test your thyroid function to make sure that your brain is receiving adequate thyroid hormone to function properly
- Analyze blood sugar levels to rule out hypoglycemia, insulin resistance or diabetes as a causative factor
- Address any lifestyle habits that may be causing brain inflammation such as managing stress levels or helping you have a more full and restful sleep.
- Address any nutritional barriers such as poor eating habits or nutrient deficiencies
If you would like to dive deeper into the cause of your brain fog and finally find some clarity of mind, you can book an appointment with me by clicking here.
Yours in Health,