Summer Reading List: for the Alternative Minded
by Jacqueline May Conte, CNP
It’s summer and you’re suddenly finding yourself with more down time. Wonderful! One of my favourite summer past times is laying in my hammock while reading a book and napping in the shade. Can’t beat it.
Summer can be a great time to catch up on some books you intended to read throughout the year, but didn’t have time to get to. If you’re an avid learner like me, especially in the realm of personal health and nutrition, then keep reading (pardon the pun) for my top recommendations.
Nutrition-Based Books that Led Me to Study Holistic Nutrition
These books gave me a thorough understanding of how food and the body work, and opened my eyes to holistic health and why it’s important to adopt for long-term health.
- Make Peace With Your Place, by Jess Ainscough
- The Thrive Diet, by Brendan Brazier
- UnDiet, by Meghan Telpner
- The Raw Food Detox Diet, by Natalia Rose
- Crazy Sexy Diet, by Kris Carr
- Gut, by Giulia Enders
Books On My Radar
Some of these I already own, some are brand new, and others are ones I’ve had on my reading list for too long. They span many topics, all revolving around full-body and mind health.
- The Body Ecology Diet, by Donna Gates
- Food: What The Heck Should I Eat? by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Brain Maker, by David Perlmutter
- Full Catastrophe Living, by John Kabat-Zinn
- Molecules of Emotion, by Candace B. Pert
- Head Strong, by Dave Asprey
I love sharing resources and helping you break through the sea of information out there. It can be difficult to know where to begin when trying to find answers to your questions. If you’re struggling to understand your body, mind and overall health, book an appointment with me to discover where to begin.
Jacqueline Conte is a Holistic Nutritionist and offers appointments at Local Health Integrative Clinic on Mondays and Wednesdays. Click here to book an appointment with Jacqueline.