Grilled Peaches to Cap Off Summer
by Jacqueline May Conte
Life’s simple pleasures. I’m sure you have a few. One of mine is diving face first into a ripe peach in late summer.
Well, here we are. And peaches are still coming! So, why not dive in and try this recipe? It’s the most simple recipe with only two ingredients, but a whole lot of flavour! It’s also a great one to cap head into fall with, and I’ll tell you why.
Peaches contain pretty decent levels of vitamin C – an important nutrient that benefits your immune system. A healthy immune system can keep colds and flu’s at bay throughout the winter. Another one of life’s simple pleasures. It’s no wonder peaches grows when they do.
Enjoy this recipe, and the rest of your summer. Eat up!
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon
1t avocado oil (or other heat safe oil)
1/4t cinnamon (as much as you like, really!)
- Fire up the BBQ to a low roar.
- Halve peaches and remove pits. Brush flesh with a little avocado oil.
- When BBQ is hot, place peaches face down on top rack or on a grill pan.
- Close lid and grill for up to 5 minutes, or until grill marks are evident and skin starts to wrinkle.
- 5. Remove from heat, flip to flesh side up and sprinkle with as much cinnamon as you like. Option to drizzle on raw honey, or chop them up to add to vanilla coconut ice cream!
Jacqueline Conte is a Holistic Nutritionist and offers appointments at Local Health Integrative Clinic on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Click here to book an appointment with Jacqueline.