No-Bake Chocolate Cashew Cookie Bites
by Bianca Baker, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
There is nothing greater than cookie dough that can be considered healthy while still being delicious. Also, who has time to bake cookies? Me neither!
This recipe includes ingredients dates and maple syrup for sweetness as well as oat flour and cashew butter. This means that you get all the delights of a great nut butter cookie without having to wait for it to bake or the excessive amount of sugar and refined flour that we usually find in cookies.
This recipe is great for you if you enjoy meal prep, if you need a quick grab-and-go snack or an after-dinner pick me up instead of reaching for the box of cookies with your tea. They include super simple ingredients and take about 5 minutes to make.
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Add the oat flour, dates, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to a food processor and process until the mixture comes together and is smooth.
- Remove the mixture and pour it into a bowl. Form into small balls with your hands and press a chocolate chip into each ball. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze for longer.
- One serving is two cashew bites. One ball is approximately 1 1/2 tablespoon of the dough.
- Use gluten-free oat flour.
- Use sunflower seed butter instead.
Bianca Baker is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and offers appointments at Local Health Integrative Clinic Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Click here to book an appointment with Bianca.