About Clinical Counselling:
Clinical Counselling is the process that occurs when a client and counselor set aside time in order to explore challenges that the client is facing. The counselor’s role is to help the client see things more clearly, reduce confusion, and make effective decisions and changes that promote wellness. The goal is always to facilitate positive change.
Counselling is built on a foundation of trust. Confidentiality and non-judgement is integral to the counselling relationship.
The British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors has recently adjusted the rates and fees for Registered Clinical Counsellors in BC to a range between $120-$150(+GST) per session. In accordance with the BCACC, Counsellors at Local Health Integrative Clinic will be adjusting their rates as of October 1, 2020 to the following:
$130 (+GST) for Individual Counselling Sessions
$145 (+GST) for EMDR Counselling Sessions
$150 (+GST) for Couples Counselling Sessions
If you are an existing client, your Counsellor will be facilitating a plan for gradual adjustment. Each Counsellor at Local Health Integrative Clinic offers sliding scale or discounted rate options for those needing supplementary support. If this change in fee creates hardship, please speak to your Counsellor as we are all dedicated to keeping Counselling an accessible service.
Reasons why it may be helpful to speak to a Counselor:
- You want to speak to someone who is unbiased and confidential
- You want to understand why you tend to react or behave a certain way
- You want to gain insight into your values and motivations, in order to make fully informed decisions
- You are going through a difficult life transition and need some support or coping techniques
- You have experienced a traumatic event, and are struggling to move on
- You are feeling weighed down or stuck, unable to move forward
- You feel you are losing your ability to control your substance use or eating habits
- You want to develop more insight in order to grow as a person