Yes, we are open!
Following the guidelines set out by the government and our practitioner’s health colleges, we will create a space that is safe, comfortable and relaxing for patients and practitioners. We appreciate your continued support over the past few months and look forward to seeing you in person at the clinic once again. While our naturopathic doctors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists are back in clinic, clinical counselling, holistic nutrition and dalian method remain as telemedicine only (for now)!
We are asking patients, along with the staff and practitioners at the clinic to embrace this “new normal” with some changes to how the clinic operates. Please review the following information on what your appointment at the clinic will look like:
We have implemented a few screening steps to optimize the safety of our patients and practitioners:
- 48 hours before your scheduled treatment, please check out the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool, if you are experiencing any symptoms please call us.
- 24 hours before your scheduled treatment you will be emailed a brief screening questionnaire, please complete this the day before your scheduled appointment to ensure you are not experiencing any signs of COVID-19. If there are any concerns about your symptoms, your appointment may be rescheduled.
- Your practitioner will repeat this screening questionnaire with you at the beginning of your appointment, as well as discuss an informed consent for receiving treatment during a pandemic.
Please bring with you:
- Mask: As previously mentioned, we will be requiring everyone to wear a mask in the clinic at all times. If you do not have access to a mask, we will have ones for purchase at the clinic for $1.
- Water bottle: We are no longer providing tea and reusable cups, so we ask that you please bring your own water bottle if you think you will get thirsty.
- Credit card/Debit card: In the event that we need to verify payment method, we ask that you please bring this with you to your appointment.
Please do not bring with you:
- Family members: unless needed for assistance. We are trying to keep the numbers in the clinic as minimal as possible. Please let us know if you need an exception to this during your day-before screening with our staff or your practitioner as we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Please do not come to your appointment more than 5 minutes ahead of your scheduled time. We have staggered appointment to keep as much social distancing as possible.
- If you have a mask, please wear one into the clinic. If not, we will have one that you can purchase for $1. At this time, all patients will be asked to wear a mask. If you have any concerns about wearing a mask, please let our reception team or practitioner know during the screening phone call the day in advance of your appointment. Our practitioners and staff will be wearing face masks now, too!
- Sanitize your hands. We will have a station for this at the front door.
- Follow your practitioner into your treatment room which will have been cleaned and sanitized with hospital-grade cleaner between appointments. We will open doors for you!
- Before your treatment begins, your practitioner will go through a brief informed consent discussion with you.
- We have reduced the number of practitioners practicing at one time, as well as staggered appointments to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the clinic but patients and practitioners/staff. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one for $1.
- Our treatment rooms will be cleaned with hospital-grade sanitizers between uses and at the end of each day. This includes beds, chairs, bolsters, shelves, door handles, light switches, and any equipment used during treatment. All linens will be changed between treatments.
- Our common spaces will be cleaned with hospital-grade sanitizers frequently throughout the day.
- We have removed soft, unwipeable chairs and surfaces from each room to ensure that all contact surfaces can be wipes down and disinfected between patients.
- All of our practitioners and staff will be wearing scrubs as a uniform that they will change into when they get to work and change out of at the end of the workday.
We ask all patients to pay by contactless method. We will continue to offer direct billing to extended health plans and ask that you have either an up-to-date credit card number on file or pay by debit card.
We are pleased to be continue offering telemedicine (video/phone appointments) for:
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Clinical Counselling
- Holistic Nutrition
- Dalian Method