Holistic Nutrition is an integrative approach to diet that considers the individual’s unique
nutritional requirements and aims to balance physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
White taking an individualized approach, a holistic diet always focuses on whole foods
and may include nutritional supplements, when necessary.
A Holistic Nutritionist is a professional trained in Applied Holistic Nutrition and complementary
therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals about the benefits and health
impact of optimal nutrition.
Although most people are aware of the benefits of sound nutrition, the range of conflicting
information available to the consumer is often confusing. Holistic Nutritionists guide their
clients through the maze of information about diets and supplements on the market. They work
with clients to identify and help correct the nutritional imbalances that lead to disease and they
are qualified to design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health.
Below is a list of some of the tools your nutritionist may provide you to support you in meeting
your health goals:
• Specific diet recommendations, highlighting the foods that will be most therapeutic for you
• Personalized meal plans and recipes that emphasize your recommended foods
• Helpful tools, tips and resources to help you with the implementation of your dietary plan
• Nutritional supplement recommendations
• Lifestyle counselling, which will address areas of exercise, sleep and stress management
• Food allergy / sensitivity testing (when necessary)